Is a computing major for you?
- Do other people come to you when they have computer questions?
- Are you able to explain how to perform various tasks with computers in a way that other people can understand?
- Do you have an appreciation for what the intelligent use of technology can do to further the success of businesses of all sizes?
- Are you willing to work in an environment where rapid change is the norm?
- Is your fascination with technology strong enough to sustain a lifelong learning curve to keep up with new developments?
- Are you logical and well-organized in your approach to problem solving?
- Do you enjoy using computers to solve problems?
- Does your curiosity about computers extend beyond what they can do to include knowing why and how computers work?
What can you do with a computing major?
- College professor
- Computer consultant
- Computer engineer
- Computer game programmer
- Network administrator
- Information systems manager
- Internet access provider
- Operations manager
- Software engineer
- Systems analyst
- Teacher K-12
- Technical support specialist
- Website designer
- And much more!
Why computing at Union College?
- Nearly 95 percent placement rate of jobs, which means that you could have an easier time finding a job.
- You have the opportunity for internships that provide you with real-world experience.
- You get to personally interact with professors so that you get more individual learning experience.
- Professors have real-world experience which helps them better equip you for some of the challenges you will meet in the workplace.
- The curriculum is regularly updated and the classrooms are equipped with the most current hardware and software so you are always on the cutting edge.
- There is an active Business and Computer Club with monthly social and professional activities to keep you involved.
- Teamwork is promoted in the classroom, which helps you learn to work with people.
- Balanced practice and theory so you understand how to think and act on the job.