LPN to BSN Completion Program
Ready for a BSN?
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Union College is approved by the Nebraska State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Eligible licensed practical nurses (LPN) with an active nursing license enter the Nursing Program to complete the BSN. Applicants with disciplinary action on their nursing licenses are not eligible for Nursing Program admission.
BSN Completion Program Admission Criteria
In addition to the general admission requirements of the Union College Nursing Program, BSN Completion students must also complete the following:
- Current licensed practical nurse (LPN) license in the United States. Applicants with any disciplinary action on their LPN license will not be eligible for admission.
- Reference letter from LPN Program Director
BSN Completion Discount
Union College offers discounted tuition assistance for LPN students who meet the following criteria:
- Licensed as an LPN in Nebraska.
- Accepted into the Union College Nursing Program and enrolled in nursing courses each semester (tuition assistance does not apply to prerequisite courses).
- Maintain satisfactory progress according to the Nursing Program’s Progression Policy.
To allow more flexibility in the program, LPNs in the BSN Completion program are allowed:
- to take only 6 credit hours of religion (RELT 141 or RELT 110 or RELT 205 & RELT 305) instead of the 12 credit hours of religion listed under the General Education Requirements in the college bulletin.
- to take only 2 credit hours of physical education activities instead of 4 credit hours listed under the General Education Requirements in the college bulletin.
- to make up the 8 credit hour difference by taking elective courses to complete the 128 credit hours required for graduation. (See general requirements in the Union College Bulletin)