The Student Learning Assessment Committee reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and to the Academic Council. It is the coordinating resource for all academic assessment of student learning at Union College. It convenes bi-weekly and is composed of appointed faculty and staff representatives from the academic divisions and administrative units on campus involved with assessment.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Assure that goals for student learning outcomes are clearly stated and assessable for each educational program;
- Connect faculty with resources available for assessment;
- Keep the campus informed about expectations for assessment;
- Assure the implementation of the Assessment Plan and to periodically evaluate and revise the plan;
- Assure that effective assessment is ongoing and results analyzed;
- Ensure that changes are implemented;