International Application Procedures

Thank you for your interest in attending Union College. Please complete the following steps for application and admission to Union College and contact us if you have any questions. We are eager to become better acquainted with you and welcome you to our campus.

For a complete list of items to include when returning completed forms to Union College, refer to the checklist.


  • The application is included in the application packet and may printed be completed online or print the PDF.
  • Complete the entire application, providing all of the information requested. Unless you're filling out the form online, remember to sign the form.

Send academic records.

  • Send transcripts to Union from your secondary or high school and any previous colleges/universities, if applicable.
  • Transcripts must be certified official copies of your academic records, translated into English if necessary.
  • Send your national examination results, such as GCE, from countries in which such testing is done.

Make a financial plan.

  • Complete the Affidavit of Support form, including signatures from sponsors who agree to fund your studies at Union. Return the completed form and appropriate bank statements with your application.
  • View Union's financial information (including estimated expenses and resources).
  • Contact Student Financial Services (+1.402.486.2505) to finalize your plan.
  • An advance deposit is required before the I-20 form is issued. See the information for VISA or MasterCard use and wiring instructions on the Financial Resources or Sending Money pages.

Obtain recommendations.

  • Print three Academic Recommendation forms which have been included in your application packet.
  • Give one recommendation form to a school official who knows your academic ability. The other two forms can be given to a church leader, family friend, employer, business colleague or someone who knows you well (not a family member).
  • Return the three completed recommendations with your application.

Send copy of passport.

  • Photocopy the photo page of your passport and send with your application.

Complete medical forms.

Demonstrate English proficiency.

  • You will need a TOEFL score of 550 or higher for the paper-based test, 213 or higher for the computer-based test, 79 or higher for the internet-based test (IBT).

Receive notification.

  • You will be notified of your admission status upon receipt of your application materials.

Additional Instructions

Student Visa
Please do not come to Union on a visitor visa if you are planning to work on campus while studying at Union. Wait until you receive your I-20, then apply for the student visa. Please notify the Office of Admissions of your travel itineraries.

Mailing Labels
In some countries it is helpful to have the address label printed in the country's alphabet. We would be happy to use a label that you provide if that would help speed delivery.

Join us soon! Contact us if you have further questions.