People who pursue medical careers care about people. That’s what makes choosing a medical career appealing. From treating injuries as an emergency room doctor, removing wisdom teeth as an oral surgeon or remedying disabilities as a physical therapist, medical professionals help people in ways they can’t help themselves. It’s more than a career, it’s people care.
View the full brochure on Biomedical Science here .
- Pre-Medicine/Pre-Dentistry/Pre-Pharmacy Core with Business Administration Supporting Emphasis .pdf
- Pre-Physician Assistant Core with Survival and Rescue Supporting Emphasis .pdf
- Pre-Physical Therapy Core with Psychology Supporting Emphasis .pdf
Biomedical Science Degree Completion Guides-
- Pre-Medicine/ Pre-Dentistry/ Pre-Pharmacy .pdf
- Pre-Physician Assistant .pdf
- Pre-Phyisical Therapy .pdf
Start right away preparing for medical or other professional schools. Union’s biomedical science degree focuses on classes specifically relevant to the medical application of science, helping you get accepted into and succeed in professional school.
This thorough program includes core classes like Physiology and Human Anatomy, in addition to professional school prerequisites like Organic Chemistry and Psychology. You will also choose from a list of biomedical electives, including Genetics, Histology, Molecular Biology, and others.
While these courses are included in other degrees, Biomedical Science is the only program where they are concentrated in one degree. It is also the only program where every advanced science class you take will be seen again in medical or dental school.
At Union, we know that degrees are not one-size-fits-all. They can’t be when you need training to pursue your unique passion. That’s why a degree in biomedical science from Union matches your education with your career goals. Clearly focus on preparation for graduate school in a competitive degree program while pursuing another passion — like business or psychology and still graduate in four years.
Choose from three core track options: pre-med, pre-pharmacy or pre-physician’s assistant. You will also have your choice of supporting area, including business, psychology, and International Rescue and Relief, among others. Choose exactly what classes you want from a single discipline — an option not found in other biomedical science programs — helping you stand out as a well-rounded professional school candidate.
Our building includes:
- A 126-seat amphitheater
- Two configurable classrooms for lecture or team learning
- Two combination biology lab/lecture spaces
- Five dedicated biology teaching laboratories
- Five chemistry teaching laboratories.
- Two combination lab/lecture spaces for physics and engineering
- One teaching laboratory for modern physics
- Eight research labs for faculty and students to engage in personal research projects
- Four student commons and study spaces
- Fourteen faculty offices designed for teacher and student interactions such as advising and tutoring
- Dedicated work areas for student assistants
Students graduating with a bachelor's degree in biomedical science will be prepared to:
- Pursue professional or graduate studies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of past contributions and awareness of current progress in biomedical sciences.
- Apply knowledge acquired from varied aspects of biomedical sciences to critical thinking in research and everyday life.
- Independently synthesize and communicate relevant data in the biomedical sciences.
- Demonstrate familiarity with basic techniques of investigation in varied fields of biomedical research.
- Apply knowledge acquired from varied aspects of biomedical sciences to ethical decision making in stewardship and everyday life.
Union College Pre-Professional Club
Union College Pre-Professional Club is here to help you get in contact with professionals in the Medical and Dental fields. This student led club brings in speakers from the different professional fields to help give you an idea of what careers are like in the science world.