- The Library's computers are provided for Union College students and faculty/staff use in support of the College's curriculum.
- Computers are provided in two locations. Those in the Reference/Periodicals area are to be used for searching library databases only. Those in the computer room may be used for any research-related purpose within the guidelines of this policy as well as checking email.
- Children must never be in the mini-micro computer room without a parent present. Children are not permitted to play on the computers.
- Genealogy computers were purchased by LLCGS and are provided for genealogists' exclusive use.
- Time limits may be imposed if it is determined that the computers are not accessible to those who need them.
- Academic use has priority over email and non-academic "surfing."
- Pornography will not be tolerated. Pop up pornography must be immediately suppressed or reported to Library staff.
- At the present time printing is freely permitted. The Library reserves the right to institute charges to cover the cost of printing if deemed necessary.
- Care must be exercised in the use of the computers to ensure their continued functionality. Vandalism or willful destruction of computer equipment will be prosecuted.
- The downloading and installation of personal programs will not be permitted on the library computers. Viruses and other destructive programs that harm equipment and/or data or other information are not permitted.
- Changing home pages and personal preferences is forbidden.
- Saving personal files on the computer's hard drive is permitted for a short time but not encouraged. Files will be erased each night when the computers are ghosted. Leaving personal files on a public computer jeopardizes personal privacy.
- The computer room closes 10 minutes before the Library closes.