THE ANNIVERSARY OF SEPTEMBER 11
· Students and employees are encouraged to wear red, white and/or blue on Wednesday.
· All classes that are in session will pause at 9 a.m. for a moment of silence.
· Fresh flowers will be offered for sale in the morning to honor firefighters and police officers. All proceeds will go to a fund benefiting a September 11 victims and families fund.
· Throughout the day, students will be visiting all Lincoln area fire stations and police departments to honor and thank those who work to protect our city. Union students will deliver flowers purchased by students and cookies from the Golden Cords Bakery (campus bakery) to Lincoln firefighters and police officers to thank them for their service.
· In the Campus Ministries office, student workers pause daily at 9 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m. to pray for our school. On September 11, their focus will be on praying for our country and the families most affected by the terrorist attacks.
· At noon there will be a memorial service at the campus flagpole where the flag will be lowered to half-staff to honor those who lost their lives.
· At 7 p.m. there will be a service held in the College View Church, located at 48th and Prescott Streets, titled “Peace and Hope on 9-12.” The service will encourage us to look toward the future in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks.