On Sunday, May 5, 155 students received a diploma from Union College. Each graduate’s achievement required years of hard work, dedication, personal growth … and your generosity. Union's alumni and other supporters provide 26 percent of the total cost of educating our students each year, and those gifts allow us to continue offering a quality, Christian education to students of all socio-economic backgrounds without taxpayer subsidies.
That's why I hope you will once again give to the future successes of our students during Give to Lincoln Day on Thursday, May 16. This annual event hosted by the Lincoln Community Foundation is a 24-hour period dedicated to philanthropy in our hometown. On that day, the whole city will be watching, and we want them to see the incredible support you provide for Union College each year.
Here's how it works:
- Your gift will go even further. The nonprofits with the most gifts on May 16 will receive a proportional share of a $200,000 challenge grant provided by the Lincoln Community Foundation.
- Your gift will go to Union College, though your receipt will say "Lincoln Community Foundation."
- It's easy to give. Just visit our Give to Lincoln page, select an amount, then click "donate." That will take you to a secure site to enter your credit card information.
- You don't even have to wait for the May 16 to start. While only gifts received on Give to Lincoln Day count towards the $200,000 challenge, you can schedule a gift now by selecting "On a Giving Day" under "Make This Donation Occur."
- Prefer not to use a credit card? You can mail in or drop off checks to the Advancement Office of Union College anytime between now and the 16th. We'll deliver them on Give to Lincoln Day. Just make sure checks are made out to the Lincoln Community Foundation, not Union College.
Everywhere I look on campus, I see examples of how your gifts create the Union College experience—a life-changing process that may start here in Lincoln, but goes out to all the world through our students and alumni. Thank you so much for your support of Union College, and I hope you will join me on May 16 to continue making a difference in the lives of our students.
Union College President