Union Scholars Honors Program
View the full brochure on the Union Honors Program here
With the Union Scholars honors program, you can develop your own ideas rather than just feed back information. This program emphasizes diverse perspectives, interdisciplinary course work, small classes and greater interaction between students and professors. The honors program is about developing you, the student, to your fullest intellectual potential.
- Reduced General Education Requirements. Compare requirements here.
- Smaller class size with courses exclusively for Scholars
- Unique courses that emphasize participation and creativity
- Interdisciplinary courses that address complex issues
- Individualized assistance with an original research project
- Coursework abroad built into the program.
- Textbook, Travel and Completion scholarships
A world view is important to global understanding. With this in mind, the Union Scholars program provides a travel scholarship for a course that can be taken abroad.
Supplement your studies
The Scholars program is designed to not only fit, but supplement any major. Many Scholars find the program to be beneficial because it iintegrates with their regular studies. Achieving an honors degree is possible in as little as four years.
Honors students receive a $2,000 scholarship to offset the cost of travel, food and lodging for the course taken abroad. Also, each honors student receives a $250 scholarship each year. Finally, upon completion of the honors requirements, you’ll receive another $1,000 scholarship. So don’t let the price put you off.
Union Scholars accepts up to 25 applicants each year.
- High school GPA of 3.5 (or 3.33 college transfer GPA)
- ACT score of 24 or higher (or its equivalent)
- Service is highly prioritized in the program, and learning to serve is a major component in finding solutions to global problems. As a Union Scholar, you’ll complete ten hours of community service each semester.
Applications are reviewed and accepted at any time. Apply today!
For an in-depth study of the Union Scholars honor program, you may read the policy manual (PDF).
Questions? Contact us.