On- and off-campus housing

Campus housing options include the residence halls as well as college-owned apartments, duplexes and houses. Read below for more information on each option, then complete the Campus Housing Request online or print and mail the completed PDF to the corresponding reservation address at the bottom of the form.

Residence Halls

The women's residence hall is Rees Hall, and the two men's residence halls are Prescott Hall and Culver Hall. Culver and Rees are built in the traditional manner with showers and bathrooms down the hall, while Prescott is arranged with two-room suites.

You may not realize, your room rents pays for the following:

  • Furnishings. Room furnishings include twin beds, built-in book case and drawers. That's all you really need, but a comfy chair might be nice to have. It's up to you, but you might want to move in and get a better idea of your available space before deciding.
  • Internet. You will be able to connect to a hard-wired Ethernet connection, or set up access to the campus wireless connection accessible from your room or other areas on Union's campus.
  • Cable. Each room has a television cable outlet; you provide your own cords and television.
  • Printer access. Each dorm has a LaserJet printer available for you to print class assignments from your personal computer.
  • Residence hall amenities. Dorms are equipped with kitchenettes that include a stove, oven, microwave and sink, as well as laundry rooms with coin-operated washers and dryers.

Dorm Incentive Package

Students 22 years and older (or 21 with senior status), may be eligible for the new dorm incentive package. The benefits include as much as $2457 in savings and no curfew. Complete the dorm incentive application, or contact Student Services at 402.486.2507 for more information.

College-Owned Housing

The college owns several apartments, duplexes and houses to accomodate students who qualify to live off campus (at least 22 years old, married or divorced, or parent students--read the full policy here). All campus housing accomodations are located within one block of the college--you don't have to look for parking on campus! You might enjoy the new Cooper Place apartments with all the conveniences, or one of four older units.

Contact Salli Jenks, the college housing manager, to discuss which option would work best for you. Call 402.486.2502 or e-mail sajenks [at] ucollege [dot] edu.

Guest Housing

Parents and other guests are welcome to visit you at Union College. A room may be reserved at discounted rates as guest rooms are available. Make reservations by calling the Ortner Center at 402.486.2545 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Guests other than parents should request the alumni discount, if applicable.