ACT: test information for new students
Wanting to take the ACT during New Student Orientation?
We are offering an ACT from 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014. The results will only be valid at Union College. If you are interested in taking the ACT, you will need to pre-register for the test online by Aug. 14 at 11:59 p.m. and bring $35 cash or check to take the examine. See the rest of the requirements under "What to Bring" below.
If you would like to participate in the ACT tutorial at 10 a.m. Sunday, August 17, make sure to mark the tutorial reservation box. You must pre-register for the tutorial by Aug. 1st. To pre-register for the online test, click here.
Why take the ACT?
Your ACT scores are needed to determine:
- Your acceptance to Union College;
- The English and math classes for which you may register; and
- Your merit scholarship award amount.
Act quickly if you still need to take (or retake) the ACT for acceptance to Union, for placement in higher level math and/or English class(es), or for better scholarship award amounts.
Choose from the following testing options:
- To schedule at Union, contact Student Services at 402.486.2507 or tepeters [at] ucollege [dot] edu. (See "Taking the ACT at Union" below.)
- To schedule with testing accommodations for professionally diagnosed disabilities, contact Union's Teaching and Learning Center at 402.486.2506.
- To schedule at another location, go to www.actstudent.org. Search for test centers in your area to see if Sunday testing is available.
If you have already taken the ACT but have not sent your scores to Union, then mail your request as soon as possible to:
P.O. Box 451
Iowa City, IA 52243
What to Bring
Make sure to bring the following items and arrive at least 15 minutes before the test:
- A permitted calculator with charged batteries (calculators not permitted are TI-89, TI-92, Casio fx 2.0, and all CFX-9970G)
- Two non-mechanical #2 pencils
- Driver's license for identification purposes
- $35.00 in the exact cash amount or a check payable to Union College Career Center
Contact Teresa Peterson with Student Services at 402.486.2507 or tepeters [at] ucollege [dot] edu.