(General Transfers, Nursing Transfers, Degree Transfers, LPN-BSN, RN-BSN)
Nursing Application Deadline for Fall Semester: March 1
Nursing Application Deadline for Spring Semester: October 1
Before applying you must meet the minimum GPA and complete our prerequisites.
Step ONE: Do you meet the following requirements?
- Minimum GPA: You must have a minimum of a 2.75 GPA on a 4 point scale. (All college courses)
- Prerequisites: You must have completed all of the following courses with a minimum grade of C:
- Anatomy (4 sem. hrs)
- Physiology (4 sem. hrs)
- Microbiology (4 sem. hrs)
- Chemistry (4 sem. hrs)
- College Writing II (3 sem. hrs)
- Elementary Statistics (3 sem. hrs)
- Developmental Psychology (3 sem. hrs)
- General Course Work: Please refer to the Nursing 4-year Curriculum Plan and Pre-Nursing and Transfer Students - General Studies.
Step TWO: If you meet the above requirements, please follow the steps below including the NursingCAS application. If you do not meet the above requirements, you can still apply here to continue pursuing your pre-nursing education at Union College..
Step THREE: Need help figuring out which application you need to fill out? Call 402.486.2600 Extension 2343 or email: nursing [at] ucollege [dot] edu
Application for Transfer, Degree Tranfer and Second-Step Students
The following items are required for all transferring applicants.
Completed NursingCAS Application
Please enter all coursework from each college on the NursingCAS application "Coursework" section.
- References: Complete 3 References on the NursingCAS application.
- Notice to Second-Step applicants (LPN to BSN and RN to BSN) : In addition to the three references on the NursingCAS application, please contact the Director of your nursing program and ask for a letter of recommendation written to the Admission and Academic Progression Committee (AAEC) sent to: AAEC, Union College Division of Nursing, 3800 South 48th Street, Lincoln, NE 68506.
- Test Scores:
- TEAS - Arrange to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam by calling the Union College Division of Nursing Office at 402.486.2524.
- If you have taken the TEAS, contact ATItesting.com to have ATI TEAS scores sent to Union College Division of Nursing and mark the test on NursingCAS Test section.
- TOEFL - If your first language is other than English, you must submit TOEFL scores of 560 paper or 83 computer.
- Interview: A personal interview may be required. You will be notified and an appointment will be scheduled.
- Union College Student Life Agreement, Campus Security Statement and Housing Policy. Read, Print, Sign these forms
Send documents to: (Please gather all printed documents and send them all in the same envelope)
Union College Division of Nursing
Admissions & Progression Coordinator
3800 So. 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
UPON ACCEPTANCE the following must be submitted by the Confirmation Deadline given in your acceptance letter from the Nursing Program:
- Confirmation: You must confim your intention to attend and pay a deposit of $250 by the Confirmation Deadline stated in your acceptance letter from the Nursing Program.
- Phyical Exam & Immunizations: Print the Physical EXAM FORM , take it to your doctor or physician assistant and have them complete and send or fax to the address on the form.
- CPR Certification: Verify that you are CPR certified by sending a copy of your CPR card from the American Heart Association for HealthCare Providers to Union College Division of Nursing.
- Background Check: print and sign this consent form, send it to the Union College Division of Nursing.
- Other requirements as stated in acceptance letter.
Complete the online application at NursingCAS
- Biographical Information
- Personal Data
- Additional Information
- Parent and Family Information
- Background Information
- Secondary (High) School
- Colleges Attended
- College Coursework
- If English is not your first language, TOEFL
- Professional Experience
- References: Complete 3 Electronic References on the NursingCAS
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Privacy Statement
- Designation = Union College