Still have questions? Contact a nursing enrollment counselor today.
Deadline: March 1
Deadline: October 1
The Union College Nursing Program admits a new nursing class of approximately 24 students each semester. LPN-BSN and RN-BSN students are admitted on a space available basis. Only complete and verified applications are reviewed by the Admissions and Academic Evaluation Committee (AAEC) and considered for admission. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application and all supplemental requirements have been received and completed by the published deadline. Applicants will receive an official letter from the AAEC when the admission class is selected.
If you have questions regarding the admission and application process for our nursing program, the first step is to read through the information provided here. We provide detailed instructions of our admission requirements and application process. To aid you in deciding whether or not you are ready to apply to the Union College Nursing Program, please consult the Decision Map.
Eligibility to Apply
1. Minimum GPA
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) for all coursework at time of application.
In progress or completion of required prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or above including:
- Anatomy and Physiology I (includes a lab)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (includes a lab)
- Introduction to Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry for Nursing (includes a lab)
- Microbiology (includes a lab)
- College Writing II
- Developmental Psychology
- Elementary Statistics
Chemistry and College Writing II prerequisites must have been taken within the last 5 years. The other prerequisites must have been taken within the last 10 years.
3. Test of English as a Foreign Language
A TOEFL is required for students whose native language is other than English. Regardless of prior college course credit, the applicant must acheive an Internet score of 92 or a score of 580 on the Union College administered TOEFL (not including essay portion.)
1. Test of Essential Academic Skills**
This four-part assessment consists of subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English with a total testing time of 3 hours and 29 minutes, not including any breaks. The cost for the TEAS is $45.00 each time you take it. You will pay for this exam by credit or debit card at the time you take the exam. You may take the exam up to 3 times per admission cycle, and the AAEC considers your highest score. You must achieve an adjusted indiviual score of 64 for the AAEC to consider your application. You may purchase a study package for the TEAS V from www.atitesting.com or a college bookstore.
- If you have a score for this exam and it has been taken within the last year, please contact www.atitesting.com to request a score report be sent to Union College, Division of Nursing, 3800 S. 48th Street, Lincoln, NE 68506 OR faxed to 402.486.2582 Attn: Program Development and Enrollment Counselor.
- If you have not taken the TEAS, you can arrange an appointment to take it on our campus by calling 402.486.2674 or at a remote location by visiting www.atitesting.com and clicking on “Register for TEAS with PSI.”
**fee paid for by student
2. NursingCAS Application
3. Additional Forms
Policies: If you are not a current Union College student, please print, sign, and mail the following forms to the address listed on the bottom of each form: Campus Security Statement, Student Life Agreement, Housing Policy
Nursing Program Director Recommendation Form: If you are a transfer nursing student, LPN, or RN applying to our program, you must have this form completed by your previous nursing program director.
A personal interview with the program director or members of the Admissions and Academic Evaluation Committee (AAEC) may be required.
For more information regarding our admission process, please reference our admission policies.