Tutoring and Learning Resources
Interested in being a tutor?
Print off the tutor application and turn it in to the TLC Office Coordinator.
|Accounting||Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday||6:30-8 pm||DB 308|
|Business Finance||There will be some tutor sessions before the exams; they will be announced in class.|
|Calculus II||Sunday-Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 240|
|College Algebra||Sunday-Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 240|
|CPTR classes except CPTR 220||Sunday, Monday, Wednesday||(S) 7 pm – 10 pm; (M) 7 pm – 9 pm; (W) 6 pm – 8 pm||DB 307|
|Elementary Algebra||Monday, Wednesday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 230|
|Elementary Statistics and Probability||Monday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 2nd floor lobby|
|General Chemistry||Sunday-Thursday||7-9 pm||KC 200|
|Intermediate Algebra||Tuesday, Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 230|
|Differential Equations||Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 240|
|Discrete Mathematics||Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 240|
|Math Concepts for Elementary Teachers||By Appointment||KC 234|
|Music Theory I||Provided Per Request||Engel Hall|
Additional tutoring is also available.
|5:30 pm||KC 230|
|Precalculus||Sunday-Thursday||6:30-8:30 pm||KC 240|
|Writing and Speaking courses||Sunday -Thursday. Contact 402.486.2523 to schedule your appointment or visit The Studio for Writing and Speaking page for more information.||(S) 1-3
(M-Th) 6-10 pm
The TLC provides free one-on-one tutoring to all students. Submit the online tutor request if you are interested in a tutor appointment.
Please allow 1-2 business days to process tutor appointment requests.
We understand that college life can be challenging, and we want you to get the best college experience and have good grades by the time you graduate. So what can we do?
M.O.B., Making Ourselves Better, is a series of workshops that focuses on situations that students have or will experience in college. These workshops will explore different academic success topics and will give you points on how to address them. From prioritizing your schedule to deciding your plans after graduation, we’ve got you covered!
Spring Semester Schedule
“Big Goals! But where do I start?” Where do you want to go and how do you get there
January 25, 2016 | 5:30 – 6:15pm | President’s Dining Room @ Union Market
“Busy, busy, busy!” Learning to manage a hectic life.
February 29, 2016 | 5:30 – 6:15pm | President’s Dining Room @ Union Market
“Travel the world? Marriage? Couch Potato? Career? Grad School?” Enjoying college right now, but what about after finals week?
March 28, 2016 | 5:30 - 6:15pm | President’s Dining Room @ Union Market
“I seriously need to ace my tests.” Emerge victorious after exams.
April 25, 2016 | 5:30 - 6:15pm | President’s Dining Room @ Union Market
- Listen to college text books through Learning Ally
- Speak and instantly see the text transcript using Dragon Dictation
- Listen to any any text, even in other application, adjust speed and change voice with Free NaturalReader 11 for a PC or for a Mac
- Listen to emails, documents, web pages, .pdf files, and more with Speak It!
- Get free, accessible reading material through Bookshare
- Listen to any text (.pdf, Word, web pages, etc.) with Dream Voice. Dream Voice highlights text as it reads so you can track what is being said. Additionally, you can change the pace and the voice according to your preferences.
Science and Math Tools:
- English and Grammar Tools:
- Memorization Tools:
- Keep track of your homework and appointments using an online calendar, such as Google Calendar, and sync it to your mobile device
- Create and organize notes in text, photo, or audio format using Evernote on virtually any device