Union College and its programs are accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association
- 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
- Chicago, IL 60604-1413
- Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities, Incorporated
- The master's degree in physician assistant studies at Union College is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), 12000 Findley Road, Suite 150, Johns Creek, GA 30097, and the Higher Learning Commission. The physician assistant program is also an active member of the Physican Assistant Education Association (PAEA). State of Nebraska licensure requirements can be found here.
- The baccalaureate degree in social work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). State of Nebraska licensure requirements can be found here.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Union College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Duport Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6971. State of Nebraska licensure requirements can be found here.
- The baccalaureate degree in education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), 1140 19th St., Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036, 202-223-0077. State of Nebraska licensure requirements can be found here.
- The Emergency Medical Technician component of the IRR program has separate licensure requirements. State of Nebraska licensure requirements for EMT’s can be found here.
Union College is a member of:
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Library Information Cooperative
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Nebraska
- Association of Physician Assistant Programs
- National Collegiate Honors Council
- National Council on Social Work Education
- NEBASE (Regional OCLC Consortium)
- Nebraska Academy of Sciences
- Nebraska Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Nebraska Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Nebraska Association of Student Financial Aid
- Nebraska Council on Teacher Education
- Nebraska Independent College Foundation
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- SIRSI Midwest Users' Group
- United States Gymnastics Federation
- Upper Midwest Honors Council
Union College is approved by:
- Nebraska Department of Education
- Nebraska State Board of Nursing