Finding Audiobooks in the Union College Library
Audiobooks are available in several formats through Union College Library.
Playaways -- digital audiobooks prerecorded on a special listening device. Listeners check out the entire device along with earbuds and batteries. They can also be attached to a stereo or car radio through an auxiliary cord.
For the remainder of Spring Semester 2014, listeners can also download digital audiobooks to their computer and other mobile devices through EBSCOhost's Audio Premier Collection.
- More information about our EBSCOhost Audiobook Premier Collection Trial.
MP3 Files -- For open source digital audiobooks you can download onto your computer or take to go on your mobile device, check out the following websites.
- LibriVox -- free downloads of classic literature in the public domain. Books are read by volunteers and quality varies.
- Lincoln City Public Libraries -- offers temporary downloads of audiobooks to library card holders.
- Truth for the End Time -- free downloads of Ellen G. White books. Most MP3 files are of poor quality. We recommend the high quality version of Steps to Christ.
- Open Culture --free downloads of classic literature in the public domain. Books are read by volunteers and quality varies.
Audiobooks on Cassette Tape or CD -- A few books in these formats are available to be checked out of the UC library.
Lincoln City Public Libraries also offer a wide variety of audiobooks on CD, cassette tape, and for digital download.