1. Get accepted to Union College
Send academic records—Submit an official secondary school transcript, secondary school completion certificate, national exam certificate or college or university transcript—whichever applies. If the documents are not in English, obtain a certified translation. All transcripts from international universities must be sent to www.wes.org or aacrao.org for credit evaluation.
Submit English proficiency test scores (students whose first language is not English must score one of the following minimums):
- 5.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS)
- 60 on the TOEFL iBT (computer based)
- 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
2: Get an I-20 student visa
Submit affidavit of support form (download the pdf)—Complete the affidavit of support to demonstrate your ability to cover costs of tuition, room, board, books and fees for your course of study.
Submit bank statements—submit a copy of your parents' or sponsors' bank statement to show proof of sufficient income to support you during your course of study.
Submit a copy of your passport photo page to ensure that we issue the I-20 with the correct information.
Pay international confirmation deposit—Union College requires a $5,000 deposit before issuing an I-20, of which $4,000 will be immediately applied to your student account. The remaining $1,000 is held as a deposit and applied to your student account upon completion of your program or withdrawal. The entire deposit wil be refunded if you do not enroll. Funds may be paid online at www.ucollege.edu/pay (select "international confirmation deposit") or wired to Union College (you will receive instructions after you have applied and been accepted).
After you have been accepted ...
3. Get a student visa
When you receive your I-20, make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy in your home country to apply for a student visa. You must pay the SEVIS fee before making the appointment (www.ice.gov/sevis).
6. Submit other required forms.
- Start with the to reserve your residence hall room and help the deans select the best roommate for you. Log into Portal to fill it out.
- Fill out the student health forms below—send the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1.402.486.2564.
- Submit personal health history here (PERSONAL HEALTH HISTORY FORM).
- Are you coming from outside of the United States? You'll need to complete and email the medical exam form (pdf).
- Scan and email TB skin tests (pdf) from within the past year.
- Students can receive the test in the Student Health office if one cannot be obtained prior to arrival.
- If skin test is positive, you will need to get a lab test completed called a T-spot.
- If the lab is positive, then a visit with our campus physician is scheduled. A chest X-ray is done to check for tuberculosis and medication prescribed by the doctor as recommended for each individual.
- Scan and email your immunization records. You need proof of the following:
- Consider the additional recommended vaccines*:
- Tetanus (Tdap) to be within the past 10 years
- Polio series (3-4 shots)
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines (2 shots) or Varicella lab titer proving immunity.
- Hepatitis B series (3 shots)
- *If you are participating in the physician assistant, nursing or international rescue and relief program, or you will be traveling internationally on a Union-sponsored mission trip, you will be required to have these vaccines.
- If younger than 19 years, parent must sign the following:
Making the trip to Lincoln.
2019 Fall traveling information
Making new friends, meeting teachers and joining a new community.
- New student move in Aug. 20, 2018—Join us for the mandatory orientation to learn about the resources on campus to help you succeed! Registration is Aug. 21.
- Airport pick up—You can get free Lincoln or Omaha airport transportation for new students and their parents from Aug. 14-20. Email email@example.com your itinerary and contact information at least seven days before arrival to ensure pick up from the airport.
- Bedding Packet—Why pack more than you need? For $75 charged to your student account, you can have an international packet waiting for you at Union. The packet includes a mattress cover, comforter, pillow, sheets, bath towel, hand towel, cloth/loofah, hangers (set of 20), laundry detergent, dryer sheets, a role of quarters for laundry, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, and conditioner. If you would like an international packet, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 8.