Children in Library
Union College Library is committed to serving the academic and research needs of the adult Union College community. Our resources, equipment, and facility are intended to stimulate mature intellectual development and provide a quiet atmosphere for study. Although the Library does collect a limited number of juvenile materials, these items are intended to support Union College's teacher education program. With this in mind, children (under the age of 15) and their parents or teachers visiting the Library must abide by the following guidelines:
- Children in the Library must be under the direct supervision of a parent or teacher at all times.
- Any child entering the Library without a parent or teacher will be asked to leave.
- If the child is visiting the Library with a parent, the parent will be financially responsible for any item damaged by his/her child.
- If the child is visiting the Library with a school group, the school will be financially responsible for any item damaged by a child in the group.
- Time permitting, library staff will assist elementary age children with school assignments only.
- A child who is misbehaving in the Library may be approached by any staff member who may give a verbal warning, request that the child leave the Library, or ask the parent or guardian to intervene.