To promote civil, informative and Christian online interaction.
Any Web site hosted on a domain reserved for use by Union College or its authorized representatives, including:
- ucollege.edu and all its subdomains
- Any social media presence administered by the college, including pages on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Google+, Picasa, etc.
In general, Union College employs “the reasonable-Adventist test” for moderating comments. Would a reasonable person who shares the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church feel that the content is appropriate and constructive?
Comments may not contain or link to:
- unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable material;
- software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- instruction about illegal activities, including illegal drug use or alcohol use, child predation, terrorist activities, circumvention of copyright laws;
- illegal or unauthorized copies of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing software, music, books, movies and TV shows without regard for legal fair use or licensing restrictions, providing methods to obtain copyrighted works without regard for fair use or licensing restrictions, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
- plagiarized words or ideas;
- instructions in assembling or obtaining weapons;
- content that involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailings, instant messages, spim, spam, or any other commercial promotion;
- content that contains nudity, violence, offensive or sexually suggestive subject matter.
Commenters are encouraged to:
- spell and punctuate well;
- post on topic;
- keep the conversation active;
- link to uplifting and informative sites related to the original topic.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the immediate removal of comments and the banning of the user from the site.
Union College employs spam-detection software that will remove some comments automatically. If you believe your comment has been removed in error, please contact webmaster [at] ucollege.edu.
The copyright of all content posted to Union College’s websites or social networks, whether written, photographic or otherwise, is retained by the author. Posting, uploading or otherwise transmitting content to Union College’s Web site or an authorized agent of the college for the purpose of being posted implicitly grants Union College the right to use that content in any medium at any time without royalty or licensing payments.