Dick Building fire won't affect business on Thursday, May 2

Last night around 10:00 p.m. a lawn sprinkler control panel caught fire in the mechanical room in basement of the Dick Building. While a few people where working in the building at the time, everybody was evacuated without incident. Damage from the fire was minimal, but some smoke circulated throughout the building.

The Dick Building will be open as usual on Thursday, May 2. The smoke has been cleared from the building, but employees who have any allergies or sensitivity to smoke may contact their supervisors to make alternate work arrangements.

The college has contracted with a firm to do any necessary clean up related to smoke damage, which will begin immediately.

Tags: 

Loading...