Biography of Joellyn Sheehy
I coordinate the compilation of Union College's Systems Portfolio, an essential document for the Academic Quality Improvement program (AQIP) pathway to reaffirmation of accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission. This task includes
- Gathering information on key institutional processes from campus administrators;
- Comparing content and formatting of portfolios at like institutions;
- Determining relevant data and clarifying figures to include; and
- Writing and formatting the final document.
B.S. in International Rescue and Relief, Union College, 2014.
- First young professional member of the International Association of Torch Clubs, Lincoln Tom Carroll Torch Club; and
- English as a foreign language tutor for a family in Lincoln.
- Student Writer, Marketing Communications department, Aug. 2011-Dec. 2013;
- Copy Editor, The Clocktower, Aug.-Dec. 2013;
- Immigration Reform intern, Nebraska Appleseed, Aug.-Dec. 2013; and
- Proofreader for The World Today series' 47th and 48th editions of The Middle East and South Asia, Malcolm Russell, 2013-2014
For a more detailed list of my activities, please visit my LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/joellyn-sheehy/5a/2aa/433
"The Syrian Refugee Crisis: A Logistic and Human Disaster," The Torch Magazine, Vol. 88, Issue 1. Fall 2014. http://www.ncsociology.org/torchmagazine/v881/refugee.html