Biography of Trudy Holmes-Caines
Full Title: Professor of Psychology
Building: Dick Building
Room Number: 403-D
Email: trholmes [at] ucollege.edu
Work Phone: 2312
Departments: Division of Human Development/Psychology - 402.486.2522
- Program planning and curriculum development for the psychology major.
- Professor of Psychology: Teach several major psychology classes including the research methods sequence and history of psychology.
- Advisor of psychology majors.
- Supervisor of student research in psychology.
- Human Subjects Review Board Chair
- Ombudsperson: Person who deals with complaints regarding harrassment and discrimination on campus.
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, Andrews University, 1995.
- M.A. Educational Psychology, Andrews University, 1991.
- B.A. Secondary Education, Northern Caribbean University, 1986.
Campus & Community Involvement:
- Sponsor, UC Psychology Club
- Member, UC Multicultural Committee
- Professional Memberships:
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Psychological Science
- Professor of Psychology, Union College, 1994 to present.
- Contract teacher, Lake Michigan College, 1992.
- Teacher, Green Island Secondary School, Jamaica, W.I., 1986 to 1988.
- Factors affecting student academic performance;
- College-level impact of ethnic/cultural/racial differences on academic performance;
- Relationships between diversity, attitudes, and beliefs.