It's January 31; Good Morning Union
“Above all else, guard your heart.” Proverbs 4:23
Another “bottom line” theology to live by. And true to my axiom, “if it’s important to God, it’s clear in His word,” Solomon goes on to define what he means by “guarding my heart.”
1. “Put away perversity from your mouth, keep corrupt talk far from your lips”-
WATCH WHAT I SAY
2. “Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you”-
WATCH WHAT I LOOK AT
3. “Make level paths for your feet and take only the ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil”-
WATCH WERE I GO
Because, as Solomon says, my heart is the “wellspring of life” I need to guard it carefully. It will end up setting my course for good or bad. The choice is mine.
Have a great day guarding your heart by your choices,
Quote for the day:
PS Family Worship (aka Vespers) is starting at 7:30 in the church and will be a praise and worship experience/concert lead by Union for Christ and guest worship leader Maria Long.
PPS CABL Café to follow!
This only happens once a month so don’t miss out!!
This Sabbath is Matt Talbot Soup Kitchen Sabbath and we would like to open the opportunity up to undergrad students to join. We will be meeting in the Larson parking lot at 10:00 am and should return by 2:00 pm. We need about 5-6 students. It's a great opportunity to serve others. If there are any students who want to come please have them email me jenessaking [at] gmail.com
PPPS Here are some more ideas for you as you look for ways to put hands and feet to the idea of helping others and experiencing the ideal joy of Christianity as we intentionally look outside ourselves.
1. A day care center in Missouri is looking for a couple of you who would like to run a summer activity program. It’s a paid position and your job would be providing activities, especially outdoor activities, for a group of kids for about 10 weeks- and bringing a spiritual tone to the whole thing.
2. Christian Record is looking for some volunteers to help with a short project toward the end of February
Let me know if you are interested in learning more!