New student checklist

Below are items you can complete this summer to save time registration day.

Before Arriving

  • Acceptance. Make sure your ACT or SAT scores, transcripts (see "Transcripts" below), health history form (see "Health documents" below) and campus housing request form (see "Housing" below) have been sent to Union and that you have received an acceptance letter. To check on these, call 800.228.4600.
  • Transcripts. If your final transcripts have not been mailed to Union, then complete the transcript request form and submit to your school registrar.
  • Health documents. Send your completed health history form to Admissions or complete it online, then send documentation for your updated immunization records to the student health nurse, Carol Gibson.
  • Financial clearance.
    1)  Apply for U.S. Federal Financial Aid here; Union's school code is 002563.
    2)  Contact Student Financial Services at 402.486.2505 to work out and sign your financial plan for the 10-11 school year.
    3)  Make your first school payment to the Cashier by August 1.
  • Health insurance. Complete either the Student Health Insurance enrollment form or the waiver form. Fax or mail the completed form to Student Services at the information listed on the form. Remember to include a copy of the front and back of your insurance card with the waiver form if you are covered by your own or your parents' insurance.
  • Student employment.
    1)  If you plan to be employed on campus for the first time, complete the I-9 and W-2 forms. Complete the forms in the accounting office on the 5th floor of the Dick Building on or before registration day. Bring two forms of identification (driver's license, birth certificate, social security card or passport) for the I-9.
    2)  Sign up for direct deposit. Bring your checking or savings account number and the bank routing number to have your money deposited directly into your bank account.
  • Auto registration paperwork. Complete the parking permit request to register your car with the college; your car registration tag will be ready to pick up on registration day.
  • Housing. Submit the housing request form (PDF) to reserve your place in one of the resident halls or in college-owned housing. Remember to call the corresponding reservation contact (deans or housing manager) listed at the bottom of the form to make arrangements to move in.
  • Self-Service. Set up your account to choose your classes, contact your advisor, and get your future grades and financial statements--all online! After your acceptance to Union, look for your Self-Service login information in an e-mail or letter from Jennifer Enos, Assistant Director of Admissions. Check back in to Admissions' News for some basic Q & A on Self-Service.
  • Classes. Call 800.228.4600 to select your fall classes.