Returning student checklist

Below are some items you can complete this summer to save time registration day.

Before Arriving

  • Financial clearance.
    1)  Pay all balances from last year.
    2)  Apply for U.S. Federal Financial Aid; Union's school code is 002563.
    3)  Contact Student Financial Services at 402.486.2505 to work out and sign your financial plan for the 10-11 school year.
    4)  Make your first school payment to the cashier.
  • Transcripts. Be sure that your final transcripts for courses taken at any other college/university have been mailed to Union. Complete the transcript request form and submit to the school's registrar if you have not already done so.
  • Health documents. By now, your health history form and immunization records should already be on file in the office of the student health nurse, Carol Gibson. If you have not yet done this, send the completed health history form (PDF) to Admissions, then send documentation for your updated immunization records to Carol Gibson.
  • Health insurance. Complete either the Student Health Insurance enrollment form or waiver form. Fax or mail the completed form to Student Services at the information listed on the form. Remember to include a copy of the front and back of your insurance card with the waiver form if you are covered by your own or your parents' insurance.
  • Student employment.
    1)  If you plan to be employed on campus for the first time, complete the I-9 and W-2 forms in the accounting office on the 5th floor of the Dick Building on or before registration day. Bring two forms of identification (driver's license, birth certificate, social security card or passport) for the I-9.
    2)  Sign up for direct deposit. Bring your checking or savings account number and the bank routing number to have your money deposited directly into your bank account.
  • Graduation application. Students planning to graduate May or August 2011 or December 2010 must complete a graduation application and submit to Records.
  • Auto registration paperwork. Complete the parking permit request to register your car with the college; your car registration tag will be ready to pick up on registration day.
  • Housing. Let the deans know when you plan on moving back into the dorm, and complete the application for the dorm incentive package if you are 22 or older (or 21 with senior status). Complete the off-campus housing request if you plan on living off-campus, and remember to follow-up with a phone call to be sure your request is approved before signing a rental agreement.
  • Classes on Self-Service. Have you logged in to Self-Service lately? Remember, this is where you choose your classes, and receive semester grades and financial statements during the school year. Go here to log in, or go to and click "Self-Service" at the bottom of the screen. You will need your 6-digit ID number as well as your password.