In celebration of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination’s 150th anniversary, the Union College Library is hosting a traveling exhibit featuring an overview of Adventist history from its roots in the Millerite Movement through the growth of its many ministries which reach worldwide today. While the name Seventh-day Adventist was chosen in 1860, it was not until May 20 and 21, 1863 that the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists was formed, providing the church with a formal organizational structure. Visit United for Mission: One Hundred and Fifty Years From Great Disappointment to General Conference to read more about the formation of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.
Created by the staff of the General Conference Office of Archives, Statistics, and Records, the traveling display is a replica of a permanent exhibit inaugurated May 20-21, 2013 at the General Conference in honor of its founding. The exhibit is open during regular library hours until November 14. The Union College Library will also be open from 3-5 p.m. on Sabbath afternoon, November 9.