New Student Orientation
We are here to help you start college like a pro, and we're excited to see you on campus soon. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a shout-out at 402.486.2504 or enroll [at] ucollege [dot] edu.
- New Student Orientation schedule—You'll get a detailed schedule when you arrive, but you can see an outline of events now.
- Please make note of the special orientation sessions for parents, transfer and international students.
- Download the New Student Orientation Guide.
- International Students—Make sure you've done everything on your international checklist and have communicated about airport transportation and bedding packets.
- Acceptance Checklist—This is the easiest way to get a jump start on the Final Clearance Checklist which opens in early August on Portal. Why complete the Final Clearance Checklist? Not only does it guide you through the registration process (photo ID, quote for the online directory, declaring a major, etc.), it also allows you to be eligible for an iPad drawing on Aug. 20.
- Parent Orientation Flier—A helpful resource for parents about their schedule, lodging and fun ways to stay connected throughout the year.
- Campus Map—Find the quickest way to Union Market's bakery no matter where you are on campus.
The official move-in day is Sunday, Aug. 16; however, you can come Friday, Aug. 14. If you want to move in before Friday, remember to make arrangements with your dean. You will be charged a housing fee per night for early arrival, and you'll need to pay for meals with cash or a credit card.
RSVP for Lunch
If you're coming and bringing your family to the President's Lunch on Monday, Aug. 17 (families and students welcome!), please help us plan by submitting your RSVP by Aug. 13 here. Thank you!
Transportation to Campus
Need help getting from the Lincoln or Omaha airports to Union College? No problem! We provide free airport pick up from Aug. 13-17 for new students and their parents. Please email raboyd [at] ucollege [dot] edu your itinerary and cell phone number at least 72 hours before your flight departs. The earlier you can email your itinerary, the better.
Forgot your tooth brush? Need groceries? Don't worry. We'll be providing shopping trips on Friday (Aug. 14) at 3 p.m. and Sunday (Aug. 16) at 4 p.m. Come 10 minutes early so you don't miss the Union College van departing the Ortner Center parking lot.
ACT Testing (optional)
Some students decide to the ACT during New Student Orientation to increase their scholarship opportunities or to avoid a remedial class. To register for the $35 test by Aug. 13 or get more information, click here.
Best Cell Phone Service
While you can use any cell phone carrier, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and US Cellular provide the best reception on campus. T-Mobile has particularly bad service across most of campus.