Physician Assistant Program Prerequisites
- Science classes and required labs must be taken in person rather than online. Generally, science courses should be completed in the seven years preceding application to the PA Program.
- Since the MPAS is a rigorous graduate program, Union College prefers courses from a four-year college or university, rather than from community colleges. We recommend that you add upper division biology courses such as Advanced Microbiology, Cell Biology, Endocrinology, Genetics, Immunology, Physiology, Advanced Anatomy, and Molecular Biology to your transcript to show your academic strength. We also recommend an upper division Biochemistry II.
- Union College does not accept prerequisite courses with grades less than "C."
- Applicants to the PA program should have at least 240 of the required 480 hours of direct patient care experience completed at the time of application.
- All applicants should provide documentation of PA shadowing.