Student Health Insurance

Ensuring that you stay healthy is important to Union College. All students taking 12 hours or more are required to carry health/accident insurance. The link above will take you to the current Applicaton/Waiver.  If you are filling out a waiver please be sure you upload a copy of the front and back of your insurance card. If you do not have insurance, you may purchase a plan through the college. You can save time and skip a line at registration by completing these forms now. 

For full-time students who have no insurance, Union College has an agreement with Nationwide Life Insurance Company to provide sickness and accident insurance for a reasonable fee which includes a small administration fee. The policy for Spring 2017 is effective from January 8, 2017 through August 11, 2017 at a rate of $844.

In addition, all full-time students (those enrolled in 12 hours or more) are automatically covered by accident insurance paid for by Union College. This policy is effective August 12, 2016 through August 11, 2017 and covers the student whether they are injured on or off campus. Coverage will provide up to $1,000. Benefits provided through this insurance are in excess to other valid and collective insurances or plans.

If you or your parents are members of an HMO outside the state of Nebraska, you will want to check with the HMO before you arrive on campus to see what provisions need to be made to see a physician outside of your state. Unless it is an emergency, you will not be able to see a local physician without prior approval from your HMO. With some HMOs it is possible to get a guest membership while a student is attending school out of state. Medicaid Insurance from a state other than Nebraska can not be accepted.

Teresa Peterson

Office Manger/Village Dean
Student Services Office
Union College
3800 South 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
Fax: 402.486.2570

If you have any questions regarding insurance, please contact Teresa at the above address or call 402.486.2507, or you can e-mail tepeters [at]