Teaching Learning Center
Established in 1978, the Teaching Learning Center continues to supports students in reaching their academic and life goals by providing accessibility accommodations and academic support.
Any student at Union College can receive academic support from the TLC. Come to the TLC if you,
- have a diagnosed disability and would like to request accommodations
- wonder if you have a disability and would like to talk with someone
- want to improve your grades and/or test performance
- don't feel comfortable talking in class
- attend class regularly but you feel like you're missing important points
- feel like you're a slow reader
- have trouble completing tests in the allotted time
- spend hours studying but still not "getting it"
- feel like you don't have enough time to get everything done
- are not sure how to take notes
- are easily distracted in class and while studying
- want support reaching your academic and life goals
Do you or a student you know need academic and/or accessibility assistance? We can help! Please fill out this form to set up an appointment at the TLC.
Debbie Forshee-Sweeney: director, academic coach
deforshe [at] ucollege [dot] edu Ext. 2080
Claudia C. Pech: office coordinator
clpech [at] ucollege [dot] edu 402-486-2506
Kian Mapp: ICE/FD coordinator, academic coach
kimapp [at] ucolleg [dot] edu Ext. 2066
Jonathan Shields: academic coach
joshields [at] ucollege [dot] edu Ext. 2089
Academic School Year:
Monday - Thursday // 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday // 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
By appointment only. Please call the TLC office at 402.486.2506 or Debbie at 402.486.2600, ext. 2080. You can also send us an email at either tlc [at] ucollege [dot] edu or deforshe [at] ucollege [dot] edu.
The TLC is located in the student center on the second floor of the Don Love building on the Union College campus. Our office is handicap accessible.
Dedicated to create an accessible environment for students with disabilities and assist students requesting academic support, the Teaching Learning Center strives for an accessible, inclusive environment, and fosters academic, spiritual and personal growth.
Compassionate about providing a Christ-centered environment where students are empowered to self-advocate, receive academic support and become life-long learners.