- Member of the Union College Colloquium Committee (2008)
- Chair of the Union College Colloquium Committee (2009-2010)
- Sponsor of the Union College Nursing Club (2008-2011, 2012-2014)
- Member of the Student Orientation Committee (2010-Current)
- Member of the Union College Faculty Senate Executive Committee (2010-2011)
- Helper for College View Church Children's Church crafts (2010-2011)
- Volunteer for College View Church Vacation Bible School (2011-Current)
- Chair of the Division of Nursing Curriculum Committee (2013-2014)
- Member of the Union College Strategic Planning Committee (2011-Current)
- Member of the Title IX Committee (2012-Current)
- Member of the College View Academy PreK-12 School Board (2013-Current)
- Member of the College View Academy PreK-12 School Board Strategic Planning Subcommittee (2014-Current)
- Member of the College View Academy PreK-12 School Board Personnel Subcommittee (2014-Current)
- Helper for the College View Church Cradle Roll 2 Sabbath School class (2013-Current)
- Chair of the Division of Nursing Admissions and Academic Evaluation Committee (2011-2014)
- Member of the Division of Nursing Admissions and Academic Evaluation Committee (2011-Current)
- Member of the Division of Nursing Curriculum Committee (2013-Current)
- Florence Nightingale
- Nebraska Action Coalition's 40 Under 40 award - Honoring Nebraska's nursing leaders under the age of 40 (2014)
- Nursing education
- Clinical evaluation of nursing students
- Educational processes and efficiencies
- Organ Donation
- Family witnessed cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Critical care nursing
- Trauma nursing
I serve as the chair of the Division of Nursing in which I provide leadership and vision necessary for the strategic, operational, and final direction of our division. I also teach the freshman orientation course, CORE 108 09: F.O.C.U.S. in Nursing (Freshman Opportunities and Connections for Union Students in Nursing). Previously, I taught NURS 322: Medical-Surgical II and NURS 310: Pharmacology. I also served as the chair the Admission and Academic Evaluation Committee (AAEC) as well as the Curriculum Committee.
I graduated from Platte Valley Academy in 1999 with honors. I attended Union College from 1999 to 2004, and graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and an Associate's of Science degree in business administration. My nursing degree was completed magna cum laude and my business degree was completed with commendation. I was awarded the Union College Nursing Class of 2004 Student Choice for Outstanding Senior Nursing Student and the Outstanding Senior Nursing Student Certificate for Recognition for Excellence in Critical Thinking. I also sang soprano in the Octet the majority of my years at Union. I graduated in May 2009, with my Masters of Science in Nursing with a Nursing Administration emphasis from Nebraska Wesleyan University. My thesis was titled "Examining Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitudes, and Personal Experience of Organ Donation." Currently, I am working on my Doctor of Nursing Practice with an emphasis in Administration through the University of Pittsburgh.
After graduating from Union, I married my husband, Matthew, and we moved to Ozark Adventist Academy in Gentry, Arkansas. Matthew worked as the Vice Principal for Finance at Ozark and I commuted to Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas where I was employed in the Intensive Care/Trauma Unit. In the summer of 2006, we relocated to Platte Valley Academy in Shelton, Nebraska, where my husband took a job as the boys' dean and history teacher. Our twins, Jacob and Hailey, were born August 7, 2006 (on my 26th birthday). I began teaching at Union in July of 2007. In August 2011, I transitioned to a faculty and administrative role as the Assistant Director of the Division of Nursing. Madison, our youngest daughter, joined our family in November of 2011. In 2014, I transitioned to the position of the chair of the Division of Nursing and absolutely love my job.
I grew up in Valentine, Nebraska, a small town near the border between Nebraska and South Dakota where my mother, Lynette, was a nurse practitioner and my father, Jerry, owned an office supply business. My family members are my best friends. I enjoy reading, singing, playing the piano, cleaning, organizing and event planning.
Matthew is a financial advisor at Waddel & Reed here in Lincoln. He completed his MBA through the University of Pheonix and teaches a class at Union in the Division of Business. He enjoys sharing what he has learned in the business world with his students. He also enjoys sports and spending time with our family.
Jacob and Hailey celebrated their eighth birthday this August as they began second grade at College View Academy. Jacob is analytical and loves basketball while Hailey is creative and loves gymnastics. Madison is three years old and currently specializes in talking, singing, and keeping up with Jacob & Hailey, We love every moment with our children and truly are blessed that God chose us to be their parents.